Skip to main content


- Forwarded Message -----
From: Nayeem Reza


One of my best friend's younger brother, Mohammad Younus, a brilliant first year student from Notredam Collage, Dhaka, Bangladesh is suffering from Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS); a syndrome that is RARELY found in 1 out of every 100,000 people. Mohammad is currently admitted into the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Islami Bank Central Hospital, Dhaka Bangladesh. Each day the hospital fees and medical expenses would cost his family around 25K BDT. The total treatment is estimated to be somewhere around 700K ~ 800K BDT (i.e. equivalent to US$ 10,000). His family is unable to support the cost of this treatment due to poor financial condition.

Your generous help can SAVE A LIFE! It is not a huge amount to put together. If we can come forward to help him—God willing—we can SAVE his life. I eagerly request all of you, who have the ability, to come forward and DONATE generously. If you can't donate, at least make sincere du'a for Mohammad Younus, especially during these last 10 days of Ramadan. We ask Allah for forgiveness, to save us all from the torment of hellfire, and bestow His mercy on the troubled family. Ameen!

If you would like to know more about this Syndrome, please visit the following links-

To visit/know more about Mohammad Younus, please contact his elder brother (my friend) Mohammad Hossain at +8801676342766. If you would like to DONATE online, please click here. You can also email transfer your donation to myself (email address is provided below).

On behalf of Mohammad’s family,

Nayeem Reza
P: 403.462.6729


Popular posts from this blog

Creating dynamic email templates using C# and Office Outlook

It is quite common for many applications to send automated email notifications. Couple of months ago, I have worked on improving our old email template format to make it more user friendly.
In this tutorial I will walk you though regarding how I took advantage of Microsoft Outlook to quickly generate custom email template and later using the html template for building an automated custom email application using C#.

Steps:Creating Templates: Using the rich text editor support  in Outlook create a nicely formatted email. Use placeholder text for the values you like to change dynamically based on your task completion status.

To keep this tutorial simple, I have created a  simple table with placeholder text inside the third bracket [place holder text]. However, you can use anything supported by outlook editor.Getting HTML code: Send the created email to your own address. After that, open the sent email and right click to view source. It will display the HTML source of the email body with …

Book Review - The Phoenix Project

Here at Skybox Labs, we do regular lunch and learn session where a fellow colleague present on topics ranging from clean code, continuous integration, game development, machine learning to almost any areas where there are reasonable interests.

One of the very recent lunch and learn series that I have attended was focusing on DevOps which got me interested to learn more about the topic. I was looking for recommended books and the lead presenter highly recommended that I start with 'The Phoenix Project' by Gene Kim

Being inspired by the stellar reviews in Amazon, I have decided to get a copy and read it over the weekend.
A fantastic book that contains a wealth of information and delivers it in an intelligent and interesting way; a story. The book successfully captures the events and struggles of most people who work in IT Operations and gives a very good explanation on why these problems exist, and how you can solve them. It portrays a very effective way of thinking in applying …

Interesting bug - Line endings and Hash Code

I recently came across an interesting bug which emphasize how different line endings format can break your custom equality implementation if you do not carefully consider them.

We have an application that periodically updates the local assets with latest updated resources. In a nutshell, it makes an web api call to get the latest set of metadata and compare them against a locally stored metadata file. If they differs then we update the locally stored metadata file and download new/updated resources.

For a particular asset, associated metadata file was always getting updated although there were no visible changes detected using the revision history.

My obvious suspect was the code responsible for doing the equality check between local metadata and the metadata received from the Web API.

For verification, I setup a conditional break-point which will be hit when the equality returns false. After my debug hit the break-point, I looked into all the properties and fou…